Hirsutism is a medical condition where a woman suffers from male-pattern hair growth. However, even without this medical condition, many women have areas of facial hair that they wish to get rid of, permanently. As a woman, having to deal with excess facial hair can be disheartening, especially if the solutions you try only make the situation worse, by resulting with coarse regrowth, ingown hair or skin irritation, for example.
In this article, we discuss the top causes for excess facial hair in women and the leading facial laser hair removaltreatment to eliminate unwanted hair.
Top Causes For Facial Hair In Women
Excessive facial or body hair in women is often caused by an increase or higher than normal levels of androgens. More commonly known as testosterone, androgens are male sex hormones. Excess hair growth can also be a genetic trait. The leading causes for excess hair on the face in women are as follows:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) causes a range of health concerns in women, including excess hair growth, obesity, acne and irregular cycles.
- Hormonal imbalances such as adrenal gland disorders can cause increased hair growth.
- Medications that affect hormone levels are also known to contribute to excess hair growth.
Gentle Laser Hair Removal
Waxing, plucking or bleaching unwanted facial hair may not give you the results you are hoping for and can be painful as well as a waste of time and money. Laser hair removal with the Gentle series laser offers a comfortable, quick and easy solution for permanent facial hair reduction. After the first 1-3 treatments, your hair will become noticeably sparse and much finer. You’ll wonder why you ever bothered with the hassle of shaving or waxing!
At Feel Good Laser & Skin Clinic, we have the leading laser technology for laser hair removal in Richmond. To see our pricing and Specials, simply click on the buttons below.
Planning Your Facial Laser Hair Removal
As the face is typically the most exposed part of the body, here are a few tips to help you plan your facial hair removal treatment:
- Don’t allow your skin to get sun burnt or tanned for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment. Sun exposure can cause pigmentation issues during laser treatment.
- The only hair removal treatment you can use for 4-6 weeks before your laser treatment is shaving. Don’t pluck, wax or bleach during this time as the laser needs the pigment in the hair follicle to target.
- You may need around 6-10 treatment sessions spaced 4-8 weeks apart. You will see the best results if you follow the treatment plan as closely as possible.
- The day before your treatment, shave the area to be treated.
For beautiful, hair-free facial skin without the pain of IPL or the hassle of waxing or shaving, come in and see us at Feel Good Laser & Skin Clinic, Richmond. We have the leading technology and offer a free consultation with a hair removal expert who can evaluate your skin and hair type and answer any questions you have. You can click on the buttons below to ask a question or book a free consultation. Alternatively, you can call our experienced and friendly team on 1300 896 834.